This mound of earth is located in the centre of Estibeaux. Natural according to some, and manmade according to others (made by the ancient craftsman of Aquitaine). It is likely that a military garrison was built here during the first or second war of Gascony which ravaged the region; this implies that the place was surrounded by a fortification wall.
This mound recently became municipal property. It was registered as a historic site by the French Beaux-Arts on December 4, 1942.
- Protection type: Listed site
- Type: Other type of nature site
- Accepted animals
Location:in the village
- Guided tour