Bastide de Mauvezin d'Armagnac
Small village on the site of a motte-and-bailey castle, where remain beautiful very old half-timbered houses and an old mill on the Douze river. The church, with a gable-shaped bell-tower, dates back to the year 1026. It was destroyed during the wars of religion, then rebuilt in the 18th century. At the entrance of the graveyard in front of the church remains a small edifice where the St Loup fountain was. The fountain is now dry.
The Briat castle, nearby was built by the d'Albret family. Henri IV visited several times.
- Secondary Type: Historic site and monument
- Type: Historic site and monument
- Fortified town
- Town, village and district