Basilique et carillon Notre Dame de Buglose

Important place of pilgrimage since the 12th century, the church had been destroyed by the Protestants on order of Jeanne d'Albret (only remains the statue). The crowning of Notre-Dame de Buglose took place on September 8th, 1866. A remarkable carillon of 60 bells was set up, testimony of the strength of the Marian worship in all the region (for carillon hearings, please contact the Tourist office). In September, 1966, for the centennial of the crowning of Notre-Dame de Buglose, the church was raised to the rank of minor basilica by Pope Paul VI.

  • Secondary Type: Historic site and monument
  • Type: Historic site and monument

About

Activités sur place

  • Conferences
  • Temporary exhibitions

Categories

  • Church

Facilities

  • Picnic area
  • Coach parking
  • Projection room
  • Equipped conference room
  • Shop

Situation

Access

  • Public transport Ligne 6>Buglose école (Distance: 0.4 km)

Location:in the country, isolated

Visit

  • Guided tour