The « Joseph Laudouat » arena was built in 1964 by an architect from Mont de Marsan called Franck Bonnefous. It is a Spanish-style circular arena with a crowd capacity of 3000. It was restored and brought up to current health and safety standards in 1984-85. In the 1930’s arenas were much less permanent structures made from wooden barriers and cattle cages and all completely removable. They were no terraces and the audience simply stood behind the barriers. Joseph Ladouat, the mayor of the time, encouraged the construction of a permanent wooden structure, then in 1964 the current arena was inaugurated.
- Type: Rural heritage