Crypte de Saint-Girons joyau du XIIe siècle
Place of cult for numerous pilgrims of Saint-Jacques de Compostelle, the crypt of Hagetmau was made for the preservation and the veneration of the relics of Saint-Girons.
It is accessible by 2 lateral stairs, built in the thickness of the wall. In the middle, 4 marble columns surround the ground, slightly hightened, where was burried Saint-Girons.
14 capitals are classified Historic Monuments (MH).
During the low-season, you have to contact the city hall to visit this site.
- Type: Historic site and monument
- Groups accepted ( minimum : 10 - maximum : 30 )
Activités sur place
- Specific themed events
- Registered monuments and sites
From 01/07/2022 to 31/08/2022
Means of payment
- Cheques and postal orders
- Accepted animals
- Bus parking
- Airport / aerodrome Pau/Uzein (Distance: 50 km)
- Motorway A 64 Orthez (Distance: 28 km)
- Railway station Orthez (Distance: 28 km)
- Railway station TGV Dax (Distance: 45 km)
- Railway station Mont de Marsan (Distance: 28 km)
Location:outskirts of town
- Information panel languages: French
- Guided tour
- Duration visit: 30 min (average)