Chapelle Ste Thérèse

The chapel was built in 1932 on the dunes at Labenne Océan. Of classical architectural style, it is composed of a sanctuary and a single nave. The interior of the chapel is decorated with a Way of the Cross painted by a student of Fine Arts, Suzanne Labatut. The Germans, who occupied the chapel during the Second World War, fled with the bell. It was replaced after the occupation. Over the years, the chapel has suffered climatic hazards and vandalism, it is very degraded. Because of its heritage character and its location on the dune, the Conservatoire du Littoral is implementing its restoration in the fall of 2018. The bell is restored and put back in its bell tower for the inauguration of the chapel in June 2019. The chapel is not open to the public, except for exceptional events, but it is possible to admire it from the outside.

  • Type: Rural heritage

About

Categories

  • Chapel

Visit

  • Guided tour